Facing a DUI Charge? Fight Your DUI Arrest
If you or a loved one is faced with a DUI charge, you are absolutely entitled to legal representation.
A local DUI lawyer can help you fight your drunk driving charges.
To get a free consultation and connect with a lawyer near you, complete this free DUI evaluation.
Each Case is Unique — There are Variations in DUI Penalties
There are many reasons that one DUI case might be treated differently from another.
- If you’ve been convicted of DUI in the past, the penalties may be harsher, and the judge may have less flexibility in sentencing
- If your blood alcohol content (BAC) was particularly high, you may be facing stiffer penalties or even more serious charges
- There may be flaws in the handling of your case that will allow a DUI lawyer to negotiate a more favorable agreement for you, or even get your charges reduced or dismissed
- There may be weaknesses in the evidence against you that give your DUI attorney leverage
- You may face enhanced charges or penalties if there were minor children in the car at the time of your arrest, or if someone was injured
Some DUI cases are treated more harshly than others, depending upon whether you incurred a first, second, third or later offense.
Your (BAC) level at the time of the arrest also plays a role, as well as whether or not anyone was injured, and whether or not there were passengers in your vehicle.
Generally, prior offenses, very high BACs, and the presence of minor children are aggravating factors that trigger enhanced sentencing requirements or even felony charges.
A local DUI lawyer should be able to tell you which of these factors applies in your state and how the possible penalties are affected.
Common Legal Consequences For DUI
With so much at stake, you owe it to yourself to be fully informed before you make any decisions about your next steps.
Here are some o the common legal consequences to drunk driving charges:
- jail time
- mandatory alcohol counseling
- community service
- driver’s license suspension
- ignition interlock device requirement
- increased automobile insurance rates
representative available 24/7 – Call 877-421-3761
Get an Attorney on Your Side. Fight Your Charges.
If you’ve been charged with a DUI, whether it’s your first offense or you’ve had multiple convictions, talk to a DUI lawyer about your case.
Find out whether there were problems with your initial stop, the field sobriety tests, the reliability of breathalyzer test results, or any other discrepancy in the evidence against you.
Schedule a free consultation with a DUI lawyer today and educate yourself about your rights and options before you move forward.
And if you’ve already been convicted of a DUI, talk to a DUI attorney about how you may be able to clear your record.