Being convicted on a DUI charge can definitely cause many hardships in your life.
Penalties you may face if convicted on a DUI charge include:
- The loss of your driver’s license
- Community service
- Substantial fines
- Suspension of your license plates
- Seizure of your vehicle
- Mandatory drug and alcohol education classes or counseling
- High risk insurance requirement
- Installation of an ignition interlock system on your car
- Jail or prison time
- Civil liability for any bodily injury or property damage you cause
Other Consequences of a DUI Arrest
You probably will pay increased automobile insurance rates and you may not be eligible for some employment, especially if the job involves operation of a company vehicle.
There are also many emotional consequences of being arrested for drunk driving — especially if you injured someone while you were driving under the influence.
Talk to a Drunk Driving Attorney
With the consequences of being convicted of a DUI more severe than ever before, don’t delay speaking with a DUI lawyer.
The sponsoring DUI attorneys in the Total Lawyers network are available to help you.
All you need to do is complete our free DUI case evaluation form. We will put you in touch with a DUI lawyer in your area.