Attorneys: Join Our Network

Temporary Work Visas

H-1B Visa – Specialty Occupations

One of the most popular nonimmigrant visas is the H-1B visa.

This visa is granted to temporary foreign workers in specialty occupations. Your U.S. employer must petition for your eligibility under the H-1B classification.

An immigration lawyer can explain more to you about the H-1B visa and help you with the application and renewal process.

Those who work in the United States with an H-1B visa may include:

  • Temporary faculty members,
  • Business consultants,
  • Programmers, and
  • Project managers in high-tech fields.

The Secretary of Labor grants a total of 65,000 H-1B visa per year.

H-2A and H-2B Visas – Seasonal Workers

The H-2A visa gives agricultural employers the ability to bring foreign workers to the United States to address shortages of farm workers during seasonal harvest periods.

The H-2B visa also addresses this issue, but only applies to nonagricultural industries requiring foreign worker help.

The employer must provide proof that there is shortage of available workers, as well as proof that the introduction of foreign workers will not negatively affect the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers in the same work occupation.

P Visa – Athletes and Entertainers

The P visa is issued to athletes, entertainers, and artists who possess international recognition. Specifically, entertainers must generally be part of a group and must have held membership within the group for at least one year.

If you are interested in applying for a P visa, you may want to consult with an immigration attorney about your specific situation.

representative available 24/7 – Call 877-421-3761