Last Updated: January 2012
All of the information we obtain about you is stored securely on our servers and we use it only to identify the sponsoring lawyers or law firms in your geographical area and to connect you with them, as described in our Terms and Conditions to you, to allow sponsoring lawyers or law firms to evaluate your case and provide legal services to you and to provide ongoing communications to you in furtherance of these legal services, and as set forth below. Except as set forth below, we will not share your personal information with anyone else without your permission. Any third party to whom we provide your information must agree to keep your information confidential and not to share it with any other third party without your permission. We describe our information collection and disclosure practices in greater detail below.
As a service to our customers, we may periodically send newsletters and other communications with information and offers we think may interest you.
What Types Of Information About You Do We Collect Through This Website?
We collect personal information about you in three principal ways: (1) information you provide us through this Website; (2) information that is automatically generated when you use our Website; and (3) information we obtain from third parties.
- Information You Provide To Us: When you submit a request for a consultation on this Website, we collect the following information from you:
- Your name, residence and email addresses, and telephone numbers
- General information about your assets, debts, income, and expenses
How Do We Use Information We Collect Through This Website?
All of the information we obtain about you is stored securely on our servers and we use it only for the following purposes:
- to identify the sponsoring lawyers or law firms in your geographical area and to connect you with them, as described in our Terms and Conditions to you,
- to allow sponsoring lawyers or law firms to evaluate your case and provide legal services to you
- to assist the sponsoring lawyers or law firms in identifying ways to improve how they serve you
- to provide ongoing communications to you in furtherance of these legal services and to share information and offers that we think may interest you
- to perform research on access to and consumption of legal services, and
- to evaluate your experience on our site and make improvements to it.
Who Will We Share Your Information With?
Except as set forth below, we will not share your personal information with any outside parties without your permission. Any third party to whom we provide your information must agree to keep your information confidential and not to share it with any other third party without your permission. These are the outside parties with whom we share your information:
- Participating Lawyers and Law Firms: To provide the service offered through this Website, we will forward your information to the lawyers or law firms identified when you complete our form and request a consultation in order for them to contact you, to evaluate your needs, and to determine whether to represent you. When you submit your request, you consent to release of your information to those lawyers or law firms. As part of this process, the lawyers and law firms agree to keep your information confidential and agree not to share it with any third party without your express permission.
- Legal and Government Authorities: We will disclose your information to proper authorities when we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, valid legal process, a court order, a current judicial proceeding, or to protect our rights or property.
- Other Parties: We may also provide aggregate statistical information that does not personally identify you (such as the city or state you live in) to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes. We will not, however, disclose any personally identifiable information about you to these parties.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable measures to protect your information on our servers. Please understand that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online (such as through an email message or through filling out an online form), this information cannot be made 100 percent secure and, in some cases, that information can be intercepted, collected, and used by others.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, you may contact us at:
25 East Washington, Suite 510
Chicago, IL 60602
You can also review and update the personal information we have about you in order to ensure its accuracy. To do so, please contact us at the above address.