Talk to a Local Lawyer for Free
Call or Fill Out the Above Form for a Free Evaluation by a Lawyer
Click above or call 877-421-3761 to connect with a local attorney for free.
You can ask the attorney any questions you’d like. Make sure you get the advice you need.
Questions to Ask the Attorney
When you call us and connect with an attorney, be sure to have these questions ready for them:
- Explain your legal problem and ask what your options are
- Ask if there are any court filing time restrictions you should be aware of
- Ask what the lawyer would do for you if you hired them
- Ask if he/she has worked on cases like yours before
- Ask him/her how many other cases they’re currently working on
- Ask what his/her fees or rates are
Why hire an Attorney?
If you decide to proceed with a pro se filing (that is, to represent yourself) in your particular case, that does not grant you amnesty from the requirements and deadlines imposed by the courts in your state.
While you may have watched every single episode of Law and Order, that is no substitute for the knowledge and requirements you need to proceed in real life legal circumstances.
In fact, if you are representing yourself, you will likely need to know how to:
- Prepare a petition that states your claim in terms of applicable law, and that establishes other technical requirements like standing to bring the case and jurisdiction of the court in which the petition is to be filed;
- Achieve service of process of each party to the case;
- Make formal discovery requests to obtain evidence and witness information from the other party or his attorney;
- Provide formal responses to requests from the other party or his attorney and make any appropriate objections to such requests;
- Follow appropriate procedures for notice, calling of witnesses, questioning of witnesses, introduction of evidence, and objection to questions and/or evidence presented by the opposing party’s attorney; and
- Enforce/collect on a judgment if you receive one.
In addition, you will be responsible for presenting your case to the fact finder (judge or jury) if your case goes to trial.
In contrast to this scenario, imagine having an attorney advocating for you and your legal needs.
Imagine having your attorney handle all the tedious and complex details of your case while you concentrate on other important aspects of your life.
Well, you don’t have to imagine getting this service. By speaking with one of our sponsoring attorneys, you will gain the advantage of having someone handle your case immediately.
To begin, all you need to do is complete our free case evaluation form in a relevant law area or contact us at one of the below numbers:
- » Bankruptcy Law:
- » Personal Injury Law:
- » Criminal Defense Law:
- » DUI Law:
- » Divorce Law:
- » Immigration Law:
No matter what kind of legal problem you may have, a lawyer who is familiar with your state laws and your local court system can take much of the stress out of the process.
So, take a look at the practice areas in our network of sponsoring attorneys and contact us today!